1. The working day is divided into two sessions, the forenoon session of 4 periods and afternoon session of 2 periods. Attendance is marked at the commencement of the class. Latecomers, therefore, though permitted to attend class by the teachers concerned, will not be given attendance.
2. Every student must have the prescribed textbooks, laboratory records, dissecting instruments etc.
3. No student shall absent himself/herself from classes without the prior permission of the Principal.
4. Students must have put in a minimum of 85% attendance to become eligible to appear in the examinations. Leave application will be accepted only if the actual attendance marked already falls above 75% as on that date.
5. Students who are absent from classes for 2 weeks or more at a stretch without the permission of the Principal obtained in writing, will be considered to have discontinued from attending college.
6. Students remaining absent for more than 2 days for any reason (personal, co/extracurricular activities) have to submit the leave form duly signed within three(3) days after the leave period.
7. When absence is caused by unforeseen events, application for leave must be submitted to the Principal as early as possible and certainly not later than 3 days after return to the College.
8. If the application for leave of absence is accepted, the student will be issued a form, which shall be filled , entering the number of hours/periods of classes missed during the period of leave of absence , authenticated by the concerned teacher. The form so completed along with leave letter is to be submitted thereafter.
9. Tests are held periodically in every subject. Attendance cum progress report of the examination issued to the student and are to be shown to their parents without fail.
10. The Attendance & Progress report of each student will be loaded on the College website www.bgiedu.in on last day of every month. Parents can access it using the username & password provided from the Institution.
11. Students shall not join any club or society or involve in any engagements that would interfere with their studies. They will not be permitted to play in any team against the College team.
12. Students will not be permitted to make complaints in a group or present any collective petition but, however, are allowed to present their case, if any, either individually or through proper representatives.
13. Ragging is a Punishable offence as per section 116 of Karnataka Education Act No.1 of 1995.